Educating Your Customers Can Lead to Big Rewards
Why Should You Educate Your Customers?
And, educate them about what, you may be thinking? Many businesses focus solely on attracting new customers, but the highest return and best use of your focus is on retaining current and former customers. These are people you already know to be a good sales potential…they’ve already bought from you! Since you have this built in audience, you want to engage with and educate them as much as possible.
If you choose to spend your efforts to market and sell new products to your old customers and less time trying to sell old products to new customers, you will see a drastic change in your sales, customer quality and branding position.
Here are a couple of key steps to retaining your current customers:
1. Stay in contact: This means by phone, email, e-newsletter, in person-by pigeon if you have too!
2. Post-Purchase Assurance: This means you need to follow up with customers. Your customers need to feel like they are being supported for their purchase and with the item they purchased. How many times have you purchased a product, then felt completely abandoned? Something as simple as a Thank You note with your contact or customer service information can go a long way in retaining a great customer.
3. Deals & Guarantees: How many times have you seen a discount or special offer from a business that you have bought from, only to find that the deals are offered to new customers only? How might you benefit if you offer your current customers the best deals and guarantees you have? Show them you appreciate their business or even come up with a club specifically to reward loyal customers. You can also do this with a preferred pricing option.
4. Integrity: Using good business practices and simply upholding integrity, dignity and honesty can be of high value to customers and great reward to you. The safer and more confident you make your customers feel, the more they will trust you and that makes for an amazingly supportive and loyal customer.
These three cornerstone ideas to a successful business will create a solid foundation for the growth of your business:
• Quality product/service
• Offering useful products/services that solve a problem for or enhance the life of a customer
• Offer subjects your customers find interesting
Use this approach of educating your customers and offering them real information and insight and you will be rewarded with loyalty
Don’t spend all of your time on new prospects while your current customers fall by the wayside!
As Jay Abraham says, “Your best prospects are your existing customers. If you’ve been putting all your marketing efforts into acquiring new customers, stop and divert some of your resources into reselling, upselling, cross-selling to those same customers. In every way possible – through package inserts, regular mailings, special offers – stay in touch with those customers and inspire them to want to keep buying from you.”
So, there it is! Remember, our FREE test drive can help you put together the resources and tools to do exactly that. We can help you educate your customers and you will see the benefits pay off exponentially to your bottom line.